Friday, June 16, 2006

Sell out?


So we've fucking done it! Bought a house. Signed and delivered and got the keys today.
I always said I'd never get a mortgage. All those people who said they didn't want to get in debt, but didn't give a thought to getting in hock for a couple of hundred grand to the banks: the double standards and petit-bourgeois shit put me off. And still does.
Truth be told, the plan was move to Alkmaar, then after a couple of years buy a house, then after a few more years, move to La Gomera. So we're on track. But my secondary plan is that I expect to have the mortgage paid and sorted by that time - within 3-5 years.
Capitalism's an easy game. I have to play the game for a wee while, but I'm fucked if I'm not gonna win while I'm playing.
Then it's retire and goodbye and a whole new future causing more trouble :-)
Meanwhile I seem to be writing strategy documents for bloody Time Warner - and with the director that's pushing me to this, I don't know how far he might want to take it! It's a craic.
My responsible husband life should last less than 10 years all told I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment