Saturday, July 07, 2007

Notes from the maelstrom


So, here I am a few weeks later. River's coming up to her third week and has successfully been assimilated into the chaos that is this family. I seem to be successfully maintaining balance on the catastrophe curve wave at the right equilibrium that's supposed to ensure creativty, stave off entropy and veer away from collapse. Not that that's easy - I feel like a surfer going into a tunnel wave and it merely continues forever.
Having a little baby around for the last time is intense and rewarding, wonderful and also of course hard work.
The work that I'm paid money for has entered the build phase, this is where I need to juggle nine chainsaws at once to ensure that it comes out right.
The book needs one last heave and push to finish the first draft and leave me in the position to start selling it.
So as summer approaches and everyone's readying for their holidays, I think it's fair to say that I'm not exactly ready to kick back and relax right now.