Friday, June 01, 2007

June 1st


Arseing internet connection is down. At least, ASDL from useless Tele2 arseholes is down. I'm pretty pissed off about it, but you can't slag the poor sods at the Customer Service call centre, so at least they're nice, even if there's bog all they can do.
Luckily, i do have wifi connection, lifting on a free one, but unfortunately it's only available in the office, and my mother-in-law is sleeping here soon, so I shall have to move. She's buying us a dishwasher: something I always swore I wouldn't get. But my brother-in-law Richard and Esther's studying and a blocked sink persuaded me that it wasn't the work of the devil after all :-0
It's the first day of the North Atlantic Hurricane Season today, and I'm being impressively geeky already, as the NHC is about to announce Tropical Storm Barry in an hour or so's time, and blog contacts inform me that the name will be given before it's officially made known. That's geekdom for you.
But if I have to leave my connection before 11, I won't \see it officially till tomorrow probably.
Looks like it may be another cracker season. Interestingly, Jerry is in the list of names this year. And falling where it does in the alphabet (alongside Jeanne, and next to Katrina, for example) - well, I met get a few comments at work if Hurricane Jerry destroys Tampa.