Friday, October 27, 2006

Here we go again


So. Here we go again. Another late night, albeit an early weekend for me this week.
My phrase of the month is "emotional rollercoaster". Tomorrow we're going to find out how sick Femmie is... Fingers and everything crossed that it's going to be as good news as we can hope for.
Esther's pregnancy hormones are kicking in with a vengeance now. She's getting sickness very heavily - much more so than she did with either Willow or Ayla. She's also being really weird, but that's not exactly unexpected :-)
Next week or the week after I get the official notification of the proposed redundancies at work. It's the annual downsizing, but this time it will be about a third of the company. Ironic, just as the economy is finally picking up, but this will be the big restructuring - moving to just a magazines house.
Saturday we're having the Halloween party - it seems to have got out of hand. Not only am I running the party, but from somewhere we seem to have got 17 kids at the latest count. Which is going to be absolute madness I reckon!
Work's the usual, although I'll be sending off an application to a place in Alkmaar in the next day or two. Not that i expect my own job to be in jeopardy - although you never know. Frankly I could do with 6 months off and chance to get some real writing in.
Last but not least, I'm still missing Luna. Let's just not think of her because there's only so many tears for a dog without non-dog-owners not getting it. Though maybe I've been holding back a bit too much lately :-(

So this was an unusually diary-like entry. Of course there is that element of the diary to a blog, and it's not as if I invite many people to actually read this. But mostly I'm just keeping the fingers in the writing habit at a time when I'm not really doing much creative. ANd maybe laying a few aides de memoir for the future.
Still, if anyone does read this - even if it's me in the future, it would be nice if it's not totally small-minded and assinine - a personal diary purely.
Frankly though - what grabs me. US Army deaths in Iraq this month are the highest in 2 years. About double what NATO killed in Afghan civilians on Tuesday alone.
The end of the world due to climate change continues to grab little attention. Oh well, we'll have to worry about that another day ;-)

Still. Festival season. It really starts here, and I think it's one of the most delightfully primal parts of people - celebrating the seasons and the spirits. Christmas is coming, and SInt even sooner, but for the next few days...

Happy Halloween!