Saturday, March 11, 2006

Who me?


Damn, these days I'm a respectable hard-working yuppie with a family to take care of.
You can hardly remember the real me.
But there's still some mates out there who remember. The guys who know me from living hard and hard-up, who are the best mates I've ever had. (They know who they are, so no names here!) I still owe them a shitload of money, by the way - which I still intend to pay back with style when I can!
I've been lucky in my life, to have made some very special friends. Some of them, I still see now and then to this day. Some, will be friends whenever I meet them - be that 20 years in the future, it'll be the same as yesterday.
I miss being able to go out for a beer with them - especially tonight, on a Friday night. But, of course, my life had changed long before I moved out here: it's a question of being the father with children. And being the hard-working-don'tbe-too-hungover-the-next-day yuppie fucker that I am.
All I can say to my friends who know me then and now is - whether you like it or not - deep down, I'm *still* the real me! And basically, they can all kiss my unshowered ass before I really believe a fucking word of their yuppie bollocks.
cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment