Friday, December 30, 2005

A moment of rest


So, Christmas has been and gone again for another year, New Year's nearly here, and I've found myself with surprisingly little time to write anything. This is the first day since Christmas Day that we haven't had people staying over. Even this morning I was up at 07:30 with the kids and one of Willow's friends who stayed over.
In fact with all the visits and parties; being a bit under the weather; the need to cook and clean and drink too much, there's been very little time so far to actually do anything. Or rather, I should say, to do nothing. Because that's one of my great pleasures - putting my feet up and doing nothing for hours on end! Or sit here at my computer and listen to music and write nonsense perhaps.
Tomorrow we're supposed to go to Sprookjeswonderland, which I've been promising to take the kids to for ages. But I'm a little wary of the weather alarm that has been put out for tomorrow afternoon, so we'll make a call on that in the morning I guess.
Frankly, I feel like sitting here and drinking a couple more beers. I've just upgraded this box, so it's running more pleasantly - and quietly - than it has done in ages. (I used to have a ATI 7500 Radeon All-in-Wonder in here, which was quite a reasonable card for its time and price, but made an unbearable fucking racket!)
Well, I don't have to get up super early - I daresay I can manage an hour ot two yet :-)
After all, the coming six months is going to be a fucking hard slog - unless Es wins us that lottery money she's already dreaming about...

No comments:

Post a Comment