Monday, November 14, 2005

Coherence


I should really try and maintain at least some semblance of coherence in some of these posts. Comes of doing most of them at the weekend after a few beers - the only chance I get to blog :-)
There's the first nip in the air this morning, and by next weekend we should be positively chilly. The skating season has just started, and we should be getting our first ice in a week. I think every Dutch, or sort-of-Dutch person would like to see a cold winter, even if like me, they can't skate! (And yes, this year, I will try to learn).
In fact, what we'd really like is a really cold winter where we can have an Elfstedentocht again. Look here if you don't know what it is. But it's a sight to behold - when the reserved cosmopolitan Dutch revert as a nation to their primal farming roots and let a century of technology and cushy living behind them for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment